Sunday, March 4, 2007

Still a little volatile

This weekend has been mostly "good". Saturday was a good day, nice and stable and generally upbeat (maybe even "happy"). I ran some errands with Mic and Melissa, worked for a few hours Saturday night at the liquor store (Saturday nights are always fun...everyone is in a good mood when buying liquor for Saturday night...not the alcoholics buying to feed the habit that I see during the week.)

Sunday was my sister-in-law's 30th birthday. So, of course, we all gathered (there are 15 or 16 of us when we all get together for special occasions) at my mother-in-laws house for lunch. The day started off a little slow. I laid in bed for almost an hour after I woke, just not ready to get up. Not a great sign. The day never really got moving in a positive direction and went downhill for most of the day. I was pretty in the dumps by the time I got home at about 4:30. When we got home, Mic had a total melt-down, throwing things, banging his head against the wall, calling people "bitch" and using an assortment of inappropriate language. It was a good 30 0r 40 minute rage. Not pleasant, but, I noticed later, that it gave me a reason to take the focus off of my mood and direct it toward something else. By the end of the Mic event, I was feeling much better. I'd give today an "ok" overall.

Just as an update on Mic, he has been placed for residential treatment here in Arkansas and we are waiting on a bed. Should be sometime at the end of the month. I dread the day (because Melissa will be a mess) and I look forward to the day (we can all stop waling on eggshells waiting on his next explosion. In the meantime, we are trying to get through one day at a time without him hurting himself, someone else, or tearing up the house (he made a dent in the hallway wall today bashing his head against it.)