Sunday, February 25, 2007

A funny story

Being in a new city (town), I had to seek out new psychiatric help. I looked through the list of doctors "in network" on my insurance (which, by the way, sucks). There were several to choose from. I picked on that wasn't ancient (and more likely to be up to date on new medications and research on my illness). I also looked for some additional credentials. I found a doctor that was in Private practice and who also worked as a forensic psychiatrist...interesting.

During my first visit, we talked for quite some time about past treatment, what I needed now, what I had tried and hadn't tried, and other preliminary things. About half way through this conversation, it occurred to me that this doctor seemed familiar for some reason. She was attractive, about my age (I realized after some time), and something about her reminded me of someone. Without using any names...I realized that I hadn't paid much attention to what her first name was. I also realized that I was back Arkansas, where I grew up and went to college. I glanced over at some paperwork I had in the chair beside me, and there it was: Her full name. And I realized, in this flash of light, that I knew this lady from college. We were in the same class! We hung out with the same people (and I guess, indirectly hung out together). We drank and partied together! Needless to say, once I mentioned our connection, our conversation went off on a bot of a tangent when she realized that she knew me too. Small world...too small.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.